Blanchfield Heating Comply with:
• Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005
• The Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013
• The Safety Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations, 2007-16
The company management must ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, that the workplace is safe, that the equipment provided is safe, that staff are properly trained and that they work under a system of work which will help to ensure their health and safety. Employees must co-operate with the systems and the arrangements that are provided for health and safety reasons
The specific standards are to be met by the workplace, including standards in relation to electricity, manual handling, work equipment, e.g., VDU equipment, and workplace design
We at Blanchfield Heating are committed to “create and maintain, as far as is reasonably practicable, an environment which is not hazardous to the health, safety and welfare of workers, contractors, visitors, general public and the environment”.
We will comply with the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005, the General Application Regulations 2007-16, and the Construction Regulations 2013.
To achieve this safe environment, we are committed to continuous improvements in the following areas:
• A safe place of work.
• Safe plant and machinery.
• Safe systems of work.
• Proper and adequate training and supervision.
• Correct emergency planning and procedures.
• Consultation with the work-force and others concerned with health and safety within the company.
• Where appropriate, the provision of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and equipment with proper training in its’ use, where hazards are unavoidable
• Safe access and egress to and from the building / sites of work.
• The identification of hazards and assessment of risks involved, and the introduction of control measures against these.
• The provision of a safety officer to advise and assist in the securing the safety, health and welfare to employees, outside contractor and the general public.
Full co-operation at all levels of management and staff is necessary if we are to successfully implement this policy.